DNA Sport Overview
This test is for you if:
- You are a recreational athlete and want to know what sport is best for you
- Elite performance athlete to maximize your fitness potential and reach peak levels of conditioning.
- Beginner athletes just starting out, or those individuals building exercise programs for weight management will also benefit from the DNA Sport test.
- Wanting to know your recovery times.
What is it?
DNA Sport examines various biological areas that impact training responsiveness and sporting performance. These include soft tissue remodeling, inflammation, blood flow and respiration, energy production and fuel metabolism.
Athletic success results firstly from personalising a training strategy that optimises your genetic potential, and secondly choosing the right lifestyle, nutrition and environmental interactions to optimally express your inherited genes.
DNA Sport reports on the following areas:
- structural integrity of soft tissues
- inflammation & oxidative stress
- blood flow & respiration
- energy during exercise
- fuel during exercise
- caffeine metabolism
- muscle and bone composition
- aerobic capacity
- power/strength potential
Knowledge of variations in genes involved in these biological areas can be used to personalise a training programme in order to gain as much as possible from sessions by exploiting potential advantages, as well as to identify weaknesses that need to be worked on. This insight can also be used to make appropriate training and nutrition choices in an attempt to prevent injury as well as optimise recovery in order to perform at one’s best.
How to order the test:
We work through Nordic Laboratories. All payments is done via a secure site. The kit will be delivered to your work / home (just about any where in the world), you will receive clear instructions how to do to the tests. A courier will collect the kit. After about 2,5 weeks we will get the results. Either a Skype consult or Office consult for interpretation can be arranged.
Add DNA diet to your cart