Functional Medicine – Treating the cause
Functional medicine is personalised medicine. The purpose is to find out why you have certain symptoms. The second part to this is maintaining health and preventing disease.
Functional medicine looks at:
– Biochemical individuality of the patient
– Patient-centred medicine – it emphasises “patient care” rather than “disease care”
– Dynamic balance – of internal and external factors.
– Web-like interconnections of physiological factors – the human body functions as an
network of interconnected systems, rather than individual systems functioning autonomously.
– Health is a positive vitality – it is not merely the absence of disease.
– Promotion of organ reserves – as the means to ensure optimal health for as long as possible.